* $2500 Sign on Bonus *
AUTOW is seeking experience diesel technicians/mechanics. We are also looking for individuals who will work both in our facilities and operate out of a mobile maintenance unit. These are two separate positions. We are also looking for hard workers who want to learn the trade of diesel Repairs as a repair technician.
AUTOW Truck Leasing is seeking a self-motivated Diesel Technician to join our Birmingham team, to perform both minor & major component repair and all aspects of preventative maintenance on the newest and best maintained fleet of power, refrigerated and non-powered truck and trailer equipment in the industry. We have industry leading vehicle maintenance and repair technology, tools and experts in the maintenance field and industry. You will receive state of the art training each year on a variety of OEM equipment.
- Vehicle component lubrication and replacement
- Electrical system repairs
- Cooling system maintenance
- Perform basic vehicle diagnostics
- 1 to 40 years of diesel experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational or Technical certification preferred
- Working knowledge in the use of hand tools required
- A valid driver’s license is required,
- Must have a Positive attitude and willingness to grow in position
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Willingness to travel within district (close geographical area), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete AUTOW’s employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
At AUTOW, your success is our success! That’s why we work hard to provide you with what you need to build an awesome career. We are committed to rewarding superior employee performance so that when you work hard, your achievements won’t go unnoticed.
We are proud to offer the following benefits
- Paid Weekly,
- Simple IRA (Matching Company Retirement Package),
- Health Insurance with Medical, Dental, Rx & Vision
- Free life insurance
- Free long term disability
- Paid vacation days & personal/sick day